Welcome to Our Blog!

We are a team of photographers who LOVE what we do! Here you will find posts on our recent work and ramblings on our lives. There are lots of new and exciting things happening at Jeremy Hess Photographers so be sure to check back often for updates and news!

2.20.2008

Always Learning

Daniel and I went to a seminar in Baltimore last week and it featured Mike Colon and Bob Davis on mastering your craft. Mike Colon is one of my most favorite photographers and inspiration to master my skills to capture the moment. Bob Davis is a new found favorite for his passion for excellence.

So this weekend I decided to try out a few new focusing techniques and of course my boys were the subject of choice! So I decided to capture a little story about mentoring your little brother in the art of raisin consumption. So here goes:

First you take the biggest handful you can grasp...

...and then stuff your face like this...

...are you listening?

Yeah that works...

Here let me help...

But when all else fails, try this!!!

Ok, let's try again...

Yep, you got it!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable boys, and wonderful photographs!

Anonymous said...

hahahahaahah....I LOVE IT!

David Troyer said...

So what were the techniques?

Anonymous said...

I changed my focus button to the back of the camera and used servo focus...does that make sense?

David Troyer said...

yes! I've been doing that for a couple years (actually, Benjamin Myers was the first to recommend the technique) and haven't looked back. Tip: when you need the af-assist light of your flash you have to use one-shot, figuring that out was a frustrating experience.

The lady of the house... said...

ok, first of all, don't they just poop all day eatin' all those raisins?? we limit it to one little pack a day around here!! and that one shot of Josiah looks like he's trying to be cookie monster! Tyler is soooo into him! I, on the other hand, AM NOT!! isn't it soooo fun having little boys??? I LOVE MY BOYS!! I'm looking forward to being with your lovely wife and sons tomorrow, (weather permitting). Hope you're well, let's not be such strangers!!!

Jonnaysa Kirkham said...

I love the photos of your boys! So cute.